Thursday 4 February 2010

New scanner, new start

It's official, Jennie the procrastination queen, filled with excuses and self doubt is no more, for here is shiny new post on a blog which has been lying barren and dormant for over a year. (Although whether I pluck up the courage to actually tell anyone about it is another matter entirely).

For a first post it's not particularly jazzy, just a spot of idle lunch time doodling which was mainly cast into digital form in order to test the skills of my spanking new scanner (for we all know that pencil can be troublesome to such devices). My trusty old HP beaut finally gave up the ghost back in April (that bad boy could pick up white oil bar on white paper without breaking a sweat) and though I mourn it still, I feel that it is finally time to move on. The full capabilities of the newbie are yet to be seen, but for now at least I am content with it's performance. 

So, in line with this new 'carpe diem' attitude that I seem to have acquired along with the scanner, I have decided to enter the Nobrow open competition. The title 'People I've Never Met and Conversations I've Never Had', was inspired by Nick White's beautious book of the same name, which is currently nestling snugly on my bookshelf. Here are the first random scrawlings of ideas. Am slightly concerned that the werewolf obsession that has gripped me since uni has gotten out of control, making yet another unbidden appearance here. But hey, why fight against it? After all, who doesn't like a wolf in pink Y-fronts?! 

No comments: